Back in July I shared a recipe for a Black Raspberry Fool made with sweet berries and cream, at the time I though “I should make this with pumpkin”. Which is actually a pretty common theme in my head. This is a spin-off of that recipe. It replaces yogurt with cream cheese and raspberry with pumpkin for a slightly heavier creamy dessert.
This reminds me of a cake-less pumpkin roll. It’s smooth, creamy, pumpkiny and a little sweet and bite of warm spice. Feel free to adjust the sugar or spice to your preferences, this recipe yields a more spicy than sweet dessert.
- 8 oz brick or creme cheese, room temperature
- 1 can pumpkin (NOT pie filling!)
- 4 T sugar, divided
- 1 t cinnamon
- ½ t ginger
- ¼ t ground cloves
- ¼ t nutmeg
- ¼ t allspice
- 1 qt heavy cream
- 1.5 t vanilla
- Whip pumpkin, 2 T sugar, cream cheese and ground spices together until combined, carefully transfer it into another bowl and clean the mixer bowl.
- Whip the cream, vanilla and remaining sugar to the bowl until stiff peaks form
- Alternate layering whipped cream and pumpkin mixture in serving dish
- Optional: Add crushed gingersnaps between layers
- Serve cold immediately or hold in the refrigerator, it's best within 12 hours. If waiting do not add gingersnaps, they will get soggy.