Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Mini Bundt cakes offer big flavor in a small package. With a delightful sprinkle of seasonal spirit they make a perfect sweet treat you can eat with your hands.
Mini-desserts are more work than one big one, but so much cuter! I bought a mini-bundt cake pan last year and after a disastrous attempt at mini-gingerbreads I hid it in the back of the cupboard until today.
Full disclosure, this is adapted from an ‘old family recipe’. For all I know it came off the back of a chocolate chip package.
Alternatively you can use regular chips and bake the cake in a regular bundt cake pan at 350F for one hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
I like to eat the cake plain, it’s sweet enough for me but my husband likes them a little fancier. For these I microwaved a 1/2 cup of melting chocolate wafers in a in a wide coffee cup for 20 seconds.
After some vigorous stirring I dipped the tops in the gooey chocolate and sprinkled them with some adorable autumn leaves sprinkles I picked up at the local Mennonite Store.
You’ll end with a plate of adorable mini pumpkin chocolate chip cakes that are almost too cute to eat.
- 3 C flour
- 2 C sugar
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 C vegetable oil
- 2 C Pumpkin Pie mix
- 1 1/2 C mini-chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup melting chocolate like Ghiradelli or chocolate candy melts
- Seasonal sprinkles
- Combine dry ingredients in mixer bowl
- Add eggs, oil and pumpkin and mix until combined. Batter will be the consistency of pancake batter
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Generously spray mini-bundt pan with cooking spray
- Fill to slightly less than 1/2 full, the batter will expand a lot
- Bake at 350 F for 7 minutes, rotate pan and bake for another 8 or until a toothpick comes out clean
- When cakes are completely cool melt chocolate in the microwave according to package instructions. Dip the top into the chocolate and decorate with sprinkles as desired
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Check out my Recipes page for more ideas or start here: