Halloween is Friday. Let that sink in. How’s you’re decorating going? If you’ve got 10 minutes, 3 dollars and a roll of twine take note because I’m about to hook you up with a SUPER easy and fast Halloween banner.
- Paper Treat Bags
- Tape or Stapler
- Baker’s Twine, String or Yarn
- Cut the sides off each bag, as close to the edges as you can get while still removing the whole crease
- Open the bag up and cut along the base, removing the bottom of the bag. You should have two identical rectangles
- Fold one bag in half and crease the bottom 1/2 inch to mark the center
- Stack all the rectangles. Cut 2 diagonal lines to make a V-shaped bottom
- Fold over the top 1/2 inch of each bag and crease with your fingernail
- Slide the twine under the crease and tape down
- Repeat until your banner is done.
I used two different bags that I found at the dollar tree, there were 15 bags in each pack and I only used 6 for a 5 foot banner. They had a lot of cute designs but I had to rein myself in or I’d have enough bags to decorate the whole neighborhood!
If you were decorating for a party it would be cute to make a banner to hang behind a goodie table and use matching bags for treats.