I love felt, it’s easy to work with, cheap and so very forgiving. Plus, no fraying! I’ve rounded up 14 amazing felt projects to add to your holiday decorating, everything from table top decor to tree trimmings.
1. Felt Trees from One Artsy Mama – A perfect DIY intro for the little ones, felt is easy to stitch though and very forging so it works well for a beginner
2. Felt Santa from Just Us Four – This little guy has a fun secret, he’s filled with candy!
3. Felt Elf Boot Ornaments from The DIY Dreamer – No-sew cuteness! These little booties go together with the help of a glue gun
4. Felt Christmas Trees from Dear Creatives – I’m a bit manic about my tree, it takes me way to long to get it ‘just right’ so I love the idea of having a
5. DIY Felt Plate Charger from Uncommon Designs – Pompoms are just plain fun and I love them on this plate. I’d love to see a whole table setting with these and some other wintery elements
6. Felt Trees from Megan Brooke Handmade – I love the candy cane swirls on the smaller trees, I just want touch them
7. Felt Advent Calender from Skip To My Lou – The little envelopes are a perfect holiday count down, I love the colors she used too, the soft turquoise is so sweet
8. Simple Felt Frame Ornament from 30 Minute Crafts – These would be cute to frame Christmas pictures from year to year (are we the only ones who seriously overestimate how many people we’re sending cards to and overbuy every year? yes? ok then)
9. Quick Stitch Stockings from Chicken Scratch NY – Burlap and felt? Yes please! Besides it’s not like I have a whole bolt of tan felt left from our massive miscalculation over the hay bales at the wedding.
10. Felt Bows from Everything Etsy – Technically not an ornament but I think they’d look cute clipped to the branches of a little tree
11. Felt Cookie Ornaments from Nap Time Creations – Look at the little sprinkles! I love these, I’d decorate a whole tree with them and be happy
12. Single Use Christmas Soaps from Suzy’s Sitcom – This is a great idea for having guests over the holidays, I’m a big fan of decorating the whole house and a big basket of these in the bathroom is a way to do that
13. Felted Christmas Trees from Chicken Scratch NY – I made these ones so I might be biased but I think they’re pretty cool 😉
14. DIY Felt Christmas Trees from Little House of Four – I love the soft snow-capped look of these scalloped felt trees