With the calender quickly turning to August you might think you’re out of time for new plantings. But with a few quick crops you can fill in those empty garden spaces and your dinner plate before the season winds down.
- A birdcage, I picked this one up on clearance this spring from Michael’s it opens from the top so it’s easy to fill
- A pile of sphagnum moss ($ store)
- 2 wooden bird cutouts, I picked up mine for less than $1 at Hobby Lobby
- Black craft paint and brush
- Wine corks
- Small fake pumpkin
- Exacto/sharp knife OR hot glue
- 2 small bunches of fake berries (with the wreath picks at Hobby Lobby)
- Wire cutters
This is basically just a pretty pile of stuff but since that would be a terrible blog post I’ll explain a little better. [Read more…]
Today’s project is a hybrid table runner/place mat/table cloth. It’s square so it’s not really a runner, too big to really be place mat but too small to be a table cloth. It’s a fabric table cover thingy. As far as time goes, this isn’t a quick project. It’s easy but it took me a few nights to put together.
Have you ever walked into the fake floral aisle of Michael’s or HobLob or Joann’s and felt like fainting? I have. There are too many options and more often than not the aisle is a bit claustrophobic. I designed this tutorial to take the guess work out of using fake flowers in a wreath while also being change-able for different seasons and holidays. There is never enough room to store all the wreathes I want to make so I needed this to be useful for more than 2 months. Pick a bunch of flowers with different elements and colors, the great thing is they are all coordinated without any effort from you! Enjoy!