The next step for my Christmas Tree decorations is the garland. I’ve got a bunch of ornaments in the hopper and this is the next one. It’s basically a paper chain, but it’s not paper. I wanted the chain to match the other ornaments so I used the same fabric for the chain that I used for the trees.
Needle and Thread
1. Cut two fabric rectangles and one of fusible web.
2. Fuse web to one piece of fabric. Peel of the paper and fuse fabrics together
3. Cut 3/4 – 1 inch strips
4. Make a loop and sew the ends together making an ‘X’
5. Continue making loops, connecting loops just like making a paper chain. Alternate green and red for the outside color.
6. Hang on the Tree twisting as you go so both colors are visible.
Now you have a ‘paper’ chain to match your other fabric decorations!